Thursday, March 31, 2011

Tidbits from my old files: A 49 clarinet quartet?

I have been trying to manure out my files, which entails going through a lot of old notebooks in which I jot down ideas and happenings. To start things off on this new thread for this blog, here is a really weird dream I had back in April 1994, as reported in my notes:

Dreamed that Dick Barber wanted me to play clarinet in a quartet. I told him, how did he know I was best person in Adrian, or even second best (if two clarinets needed), or for that matter in the top 49? I pointed out that one advantage to having 49 clarinets in a quartet would be that there would be a negative number of other instruments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are e-mailed to me. I will post excerpts from those I think will most interest readers.