Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Book recommendation: Wrong Turn: A Sympathetic Critique of the CIvil Rights Movement

Now that I have gotten into recommending books, although it may appear to be a little "self-serving," I would like to draw attention to one of my four books, all of which are available for free reading on my companion website to this blog .

Wrong Turn: A Sympathetic Critique of the Civil Rights Movement was apparently not a good title for this work, which no editor was even willing to look at when I looked into publication, even though the work is about 95% sympathetic and 5% critical of the U.S. civil rights movement.

This work examines the problems of race from a principled perspective growing out of my "periodic table of human associations" introduced in two of the other works also available at my website, Thinking About Politics: American Government in Associational Perspective, and Basic Political Concepts. It shows how the civil rights movement fits into a larger pattern of progress, which has moved parts of the world from from the ugly origins of government as organized crime (protection rackets) towards legitimate governments (protection).

If anyone can think of a better title for me to use on this book, I would appreciate any suggestions. One that would not scare editors would be nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are e-mailed to me. I will post excerpts from those I think will most interest readers.